Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Can I mail in my application? Unfortunately, we do not accept mail-in applications. Applications will only be accepted through NACFgrants.gosmart.org
- What is the selection process? NACF staff review for eligibility criteria, adequacy of work samples and application completeness then invite art peers and professionals in relevant art fields to review and make recommendations for NACF board approval.
- I am Native, Indigenous from another country, may I apply? According to our Board's standing policy set in 2009, Native Arts and Cultures Foundation is able to award grants to Native artists who both reside in and have ancestry in the United States with any of the U.S. Federally or State recognized tribes, Alaska Native Corporations or with documented Native Hawaiian ancestry.
- Can I submit more than one application? NACF will only accept only one application per Fellowship call for submissions. You may apply to different Fellowships, if there are any open for submission at the same time.
- Why won’t my files upload? Most issues with file uploads are caused by using Internet Explorer or Safari. Try switching to Chrome or Firefox. Also, note that only the following files types are accepted:
- Image: JPEG, JPG
- Audio: MP3
- Video: MOV, MPV, MP4
- Written Document: DOC, PDF
If you have specific questions about a NACF fellowship eligibility criteria, your application, or if you need technical support, please click here and submit a help request ticket. Your request will be sent to NACF staff for response.